An OWWA member may avail for himself/herself or his/her duly designated beneficiary any of the following scholarship programs, subject to a selection process and accreditation of participating institutions:
- Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP). The Education for Development Scholarship Program is an educational assistance offered to qualified dependents/beneficiaries of member-OFWs. The scholarship consists of a maximum of PhP 60,000.00 per school year leading to a four-to-five year baccalaureate course in any college or university.
- OFW Dependents Scholarship Program (OFW DSP). Educational assistance consisting of a maximum of PhP 20,000.00 per school year leading to a baccalaureate or associate degree in a state college or university for dependents whose active OFW-member parents receive a monthly salary of not more than USD 400.00.
- Skills-for-Employment Scholarship Program (SESP)
The Skills for Employment Scholarship Program is an educational training assistance where OFWs or their dependents can enhance their vocational and technical skills. It consists of a maximum of PhP 14,500.00 per course in any TESDA-accredited school.
- Seafarer’s Upgrading Program (SUP)
The Seafarers’ Upgrading Program is designed to upgrade the skills and develop the expertise of Filipino seafarers. First availment consists of a maximum of Php7, 500.00 training assistance. Availment in another training course is every after three (3) recorded membership.
- Education and Livelihood Assistance Program (ELAP)
Education assistance for survivors of a deceased OFW consisting of PhP5,000.00 for elementary, PhP 8,000.00 for high school and Php10,000.00 for college per school year and livelihood assistance amounting to Php 15,000.00 is given to the surviving spouse.