What is the OEC?

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), is a document issued by POEA, which serves as an “exit pass” for OFWs that certifies they have appropriately registered their employment activities with POEA. This is issued to new hires before their deployment, and to returning OFWs (Balik Manggagawa). 

They can be applied by scheduling an appointment with any of the POEA Centers and POLO worldwide.

How to schedule a BM appointment

1. Register or Log in to your BMONLINE.PH account

Make sure to remember your e-mail and password used for your account. Making a new account will not entitle you for exemptions. 

For first time users, make sure you have an available e-mail to register with BMONLINE. Simply fill in the registration form and check your email for the verification email.

2. Fill-up or Update you details

The page will direct you to your account page, with a form for all of your required information. Fill up all the necessary information to proceed. You may need to update your details for your passport, visa and employment details. 

3. Click on "Acquire OEC or Exemption"

4. Fill in the date of your departure from the Philippines

Your passport must be at least six (6) months valid from the date of departure from the Philippines. The OEC is valid within sixty (60) days of issue. If you plan on staying longer in the Philippines, make sure that your OEC is still valid on the date of departure. 

5. Schedule an appointment

Choose the nearest POEA BM Center, date and time of your appointment.

6. Print your BM Information sheet

7. Bring the required documents during your interview

  1. BM Appointment Sheet
  2. Passport with at least six (6) months validity
  3. Valid Residence/Work Permit
  4. POLO-verified contract
  5. Payslips or insurance coverage

The OEC will be presented to Immigration officials at the airport prior to boarding. Make sure that your OEC is still valid at the date of departure to avoid issues. 

OEC Exemption

If you have acquired already an OEC before and have not changed your employer, you will be notified that you are exempted from OEC. In this case, you no longer need to go to POEA for an appointment.